Depending on the circumstances, in the course of providing a service to you, Kent Safari Tours may collect and hold personal information such as:
Your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address, passport details, medical information and travel insurance details (where applicable);
details of the Travel Packages and services that you require us to render to you, together with any additional information necessary to deliver the services and to respond to your enquiries and any additional information relating to you, that you or a third party has provided to us directly or indirectly through our travelers’ or agents’ phone enquiry lines, websites, online presence, customer surveys or to our other representatives.
Information that we collect (such as about your health or religion) may be considered “sensitive information” under the Privacy Act. We collect it to provide you with our services cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive information on the condition that we have your consent.
If you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we may also collect information that is not personal information to improve the experience for our customers. This information may include the pages you visit, your IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit. We cannot identify you individually from this information. Some of this information is collected using cookies.
When you are travelling with us, we may take video and images of you that we may use in brochures, in our advertising or on our website. All participants of Kent Safari Tours trips authorize us to use his/her image (such as a photograph, videotape, film or pictorial representation or recorded voice). If you do not wish for this to happen, please notify us in writing using the contact details.
You may volunteer this information when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, use our website(s)/apps, link to or from our website(s)/apps, connect with us via social media, by speaking to our Customer Service Personnel or any other engagement we or our business partners have with you.
We may also receive the information from a third party, for example:
- from people making travel bookings on your behalf;
- from market research and data companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our products and services;
- from other companies within the Kent Safari Tours Group and our related overseas entities;
- from partners performing services on our behalf; and
- Your insurer, their agents or medical staff may disclose relevant information and/or other sensitive personal information to us in circumstances where they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
You represent and warrant to us that you have obtained all required consents and are fully authorized to disclose all personal information you provide to us, including without limitation, personal information of your friends and family members provided in connection with making travel bookings.
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service. We may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
- administering services we are providing to you such as arranging your tour booking
- Some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data. These requirements may differ depending upon your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate
- manage our relationship with you, including updates about your tour booking and handling complaints
- to contact you in the event of an emergency
- combining information collected from you at different times for the purpose of research and analysis to provide a better customer experience, including customising online content for you
- to seek your interest in taking part in research projects, such as surveys and interviews, to assist us in providing better services and to enhance your customer experience, including your website experience
- to identify and tell you about services we think you may be interested in, including sending email newsletters or sending printed materials to your postal address
- Providing relevant information, which may include sensitive personal information, to insurers, their agents and medical staff in circumstances where they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
- to make improvements to our site(s) and make it easier to find the information you are looking for
- for identification of fraud or error or for regulatory reporting and compliance
When you provide your email address to Kent Safari Tours to make an online booking, your contact details may be retained even if the transaction is not completed. These details are captured using a secure service. This is so we can assist you in future with online bookings, and as a result of this you may receive a follow up enquiry email. This email will contain information on what action, if any, you can choose that will direct us to cease any further contact with you or destroy the personal information we have collected about you.
We are only permitted to store your personal information for as long as necessary, having regard to the purposes for which it was collected or a related or auxiliary purpose. We may therefore delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter or re-supply your personal information to us.
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- We may share your personal information inside the Kent Safari Tours Group and to our related overseas entities for the purposes of providing products or services to you, research and marketing purposes
- We may disclose your personal information to our employees, contractors or third party service providers located in Uganda or overseas for the purposes of the operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, managing your bookings, responding to your enquiries and to otherwise provide products and services to you, including, without limitation, to airlines, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants.
- We may disclose your personal information to external parties for research purposes and to identify other services you may be interested in, in accordance with our Standard Operating Procedures
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties, such as our travel industry partners to analyse trends and further improve our service to you.
- We may share information with third parties in limited circumstances without your consent where we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), where disclosure is authorized or required by law or disclosure is otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws.
- In order for you to travel safely, we may disclose your personal information where disclosure is required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination to process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes.
When you provide, or otherwise allow us to collect, your personal information, you consent to your personal information being disclosed to relevant related overseas entities and third party overseas recipients, as set out below.
In providing our services to you, it may be necessary for us to disclose personal information to relevant overseas entities. For instance, we may need to disclose personal information to our related overseas entities in order to respond to your enquiry. We may also need to disclose personal information to overseas recipients other than our related overseas entities (third party overseas recipients), such as relevant overseas travel service providers for the purpose of arranging your booking with them.
Where we disclose your information to our related overseas entities, we require that appropriate confidentiality and security measures are in place.
Where we disclose your personal information to a third party an overseas recipient, your personal information will generally be received in the country in which the recipient will provide the services to you or in which their business is based. Unless otherwise contemplated herein or otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, we will only disclose your personal information to these overseas recipients in connection with facilitation of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf.
We deal with many different service providers all over the world, so it is not possible for us to set out in this Policy all of the different countries to which we may send your personal information. However, if you have any specific questions about where or to whom your personal information will be sent, please contact us in writing through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kent Safari Tours has implemented various physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss and misuse, and from unauthorized access, modification, disclosure and interference. We regularly review security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect your personal information as fully as we protect our own confidential information.
Credit card information is transmitted immediately to a payment gateway solution via an encrypted port. Kent Safari Tours does not store your credit card number in any of our systems; it is used only within the context of the transaction then destroyed upon receipt from an acquiring bank.
All credit card payments receive an identification number that is proof of the transaction’s acceptance into the banking system. This identification number can be used to trace any transaction back to the credit card issuer (for example, the bank that issued the MasterCard or VISA credit card).
Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, as the internet is inherently insecure, any personal information or other information you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
We may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
You can enquire about personal information we hold about you through email@example.com. We will need to verify your identity before disclosing personal information. Please allow up to 10 business days for us to process your request, however we will endeavor to deal with your request sooner.
You can ask us to update any inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date information we hold about you using our contact details. There is no fee to make an enquiry or request in relation to your information, or for us to add to, correct or update our records.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
We may from time to time use your personal information to identify new or existing products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may communicate this via email, phone or your postal address. If you no longer wish to receive these updates via email, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the message. We do not share, sell or rent information to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
- Except if expressly agreed otherwise, the traveler pays, at the signing of the order forms, in advance, a portion of the total amount as specified in the special conditions
- If the traveler after receiving notice of default fails to advance or pay the fare demanded of him, the travel organizer and/or travel agent shall be justified to terminate the contract with the traveler, with the costs being borne by the traveler
- Unless otherwise agreed in the order, the traveler pays the balance of the price not later than one month before the departure date, provided that he/she received written travel confirmation and / or travel documentation in advance or at the same time
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Customer Service Desk through firstname.lastname@example.org and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate and rectify it.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, informing you about the outcome and invite your response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
You can contact us through:
United States Sales and Marketing Office.
Location: 250 Prospect St. Suite #1
Address:Waltham MA 02453
Phone: 1888-3283087 ,1978-996-3132
Uganda Sales and Operations Office
Location: Sliver Arcade Annex# 7A Plot 62
Address: P.O. Box 22000 Bombo Rd Opposite YMCA
Phone: 039-3228965, +256-705987211
Our Customer Service Officers will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your query or complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
What are cookies?
You can find more information on the About Cookies website www.aboutcookies.org/
- Storing what’s in your shopping basket: This allows you to book trips with us.
- Collecting information: This means we can learn more about how you use our website so we can improve our products and online experience.
- Tailoring your experience: Cookies allow us to provide you with information, products and services that we think you’ll find interesting.
- Make it possible for you to use our website
- Show you information and offers that are relevant to you
- Find out more about how our customers use the site
Making your experience personal; We can find out how you move around our website, so we can look into any errors stopping you from being able to do what you want. The data we collect from cookies is really important for us to improve your experience.